Map Buddy is a free service allowing users to communicate with one another based on their location in the physical world. Since anyone can join Map Buddy and post anything they want there of course need to be limitations put into place. That is what this document is for.
Who May Use Map Buddy
- You may only use Map Buddy if you agree to these terms of service.
- You must be at least 13 years of age.
- You are responsible for the content you post on Map Buddy.
- Don't post any content that you don't want to be publicly available.
- Map Buddy neither enforces nor asserts the validity of content posted by users to Map Buddy.
- You retain the copyright for content that you post to Map Buddy.
- Map Buddy reserves the right to remove any content for any reason.
- Objectionable content will not be tolerated and abusive users will be banned.
- You may not post copyrighted works to Map Buddy that you do not own the copyright for or do not have permission from the owner to post.
- Biggoted, Racist, Sexist, or any content of that variety is not permitted on Map Buddy.
- Content that is considered illegal is not permitted on Map Buddy.
- Content considered NSFW (Not Safe For Work) must be marked as such.
- By posting content to Map Buddy you grant Map Buddy a royalty-free license to display or reproduce the content in any way that Map Buddy sees fit.
Use of Map Buddy
- You may interact with the Map Buddy service by using the Map Buddy app.
- You may not spoof your location to pretend to be somewhere that you aren't currently physically located.
- You may not "scrape" or "spider" content posted to Map Buddy, either by using the app or by reverse engineering the APIs it depends on.
- You may not impersonate another individual while interacting with Map Buddy.
- You must keep your account protected and your password safe.
- To end these terms you may terminate your account. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org until we build an automated account-deletion mechanism.
- Map Buddy may choose to terminate your account if it determins that you've violated these terms.
Limitation of Liability
Map Buddy is provided "As-Is", and comes with no guarantee that the service will remain available, or that content will be backed up or preserved in any sense.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MAP BUDDY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, WHETHER TANGIBLE OR INTANGIBLE, RESULTING FROM AUTHORIZED OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF OR ACCESS TO OUR PRODUCTS.
- These Terms of Service will occasionally be updated.
- These Terms of Service shall be governed by the state of California in the San Francisco county.
- Violations of these terms may result in content deletion, account termination, bans, or any combination thereof.
- Severe violations of these terms will result in us contacting the authorities.